Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Friday, July 27, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 25-



I call todays gathering of 27 items, "my summer fling thing".  It started with letting go of two beach towels that my daughter basically said "had to go".  I think more than an aversion to them, was the fact that we have had them for some time.  She thinks I need to break-out and buy some new ones.  I told her that my birthday is on Monday and that sounded like a great gift for her to give me.  I don't think she went for that. 

 I then proceeded to look for items that were warm weather related or were at least in the same color scheme.  Each day is interesting for me because I never know what I am going to be getting rid of.  Sometimes it just starts with finding an item or two and the rest falls into place.  Then other days I really struggle to meet my quota.

There are only 3 days left in my challenge and I feel that it is necessary to get back up in my studio and weed out some art items. I have already gone through my art supplies, which I may do again before it's all over, but it's my stash of altered art bits and pieces that really need some purging.  Maybe tomorrow.  

288.4 lbs. lost so far during my challenge.  I wonder if I will hit 300 lbs.  We shall see...


No comments:

Post a Comment