Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 22-



Today I collected a bit of bric-a-brac.  I don't really have a lot of "extras" in this department as I "pared down" quite a bit when we had the living room painted a few months ago.  But, all of us have something that we can give away. I did manage to, once again, find my quota of 27 items.

 I mentioned it earlier, but for those of you who are joining us a little late, all of the items that I gather from My Personal Challenge, are being donated to the Junior League of Memphis Repeat Boutique Thrift Store (3586 Summer Avenue).   Every dollar that they take in at the store, goes directly back into the community.  It truly is a "win-win" situation;  I thin out my home and I support the people of my community at the same time.

To see some of the projects that The Junior League of Memphis supports, visit:
jlmemphis.org

With just 6 days to go in my challenge, I am still going strong.

I wonder what I will find tomorrow....




No comments:

Post a Comment