Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 23-



The 27 items that I gathered to get rid of today were from my ridiculously large collection of shoes and accessories.  I'm sure that there are people who have a lot more than I do and I am not going to judge them on that, but for me, it is a bit suffocating. I think that my daily wardrobe selection would be a lot easier if I had less to choose from.

How did I accumulate over a dozen pairs of boots and a half dozen strands of pearls?  These aren't even things that I wear everyday.  It seems like such a waste.   It only makes sense to pass some of this stuff along to someone else.  Scarves are a whole other story.  I love them, I buy them, but I hardly ever wear them.  That's how I used to be with hats.  I had a nice collection of pretty hats, but I finally came to the realization that I am not a hat person.  I got rid of all of them.  All except my baseball caps. I just discovered a few years ago on a cruise that they can actually be a helpful accessory item.  Caps can keep your hair from going crazy in high winds and they are perfect for "bad hair" days.  As my personality goes, I now have a stash of close to a dozen of theses babies.  After all,  you have to have different colors to match different outfits.

I went through my jewelry today as well and managed to come up with a "baker's dozen" between my necklaces and earrings.  I have a bunch of pretty necklaces, but often find myself not wearing a necklace at all.  I couldn't purge as many as I probably should have because I had that strong feeling of "I might wear it" come over me.  For now though, I am still making my quota of getting rid of 27 items a day.  I  have committed to get rid of 27 each day for a total of 27 days.  Yes, that is 729 items and  I am still holding my own!

My house is feeling so much lighter with a total weight loss so far of 253.4 lbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment