Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 24-



My DH walks into the kitchen with an arm load of clothes.  When I asked him what he was doing, he said that he might not have 27 items.  I asked him (with a grin on my face), "Are you doing the "27 fling boogie" with me?  He proudly counted his items that he had gathered to donate.  He had in his stack 6 pairs of shorts, 22 t-shirts, and 13 short sleeve shirts.  For his first attempt during my 27 day challenge, he comes up with a whopping 41 items.  Way to go! I told him how thrilled I was and just how excited they will be at The Junior League Repeat Boutique to receive his clothes. When a man is that willing to go overboard, overages are okay.

I told him that I love to buy clothes for him, but occasionally he needs to pull from his wardrobe and pass some things along.  It got to where I could not fit all his t-shirts and shorts in the drawer. But he had to be the one to thin things out, not me.  I wouldn't want him trying to decide what to keep and what to get rid of in my closet and drawers.

With just 4 days left of my "fling thing", I need to be selective as what areas of my home in which to glean from.  I truly want to "see" a difference.  I feel a difference for sure!

If getting rid of 729 things seemed too daunting, join us for these last few days.  Everyone has a 100 or so items that they can let go.

Giving feels so good!




1 comment: