Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 15-




Don't let the colorful and organized display of craft supplies fool you.  My "studio" is far from being in the order that I desire.   

Although I have two large work surfaces in my room,  the actual size of my work area gets smaller by the day.  I'll work on a project, leave my materials sitting out, start a new project, leave those items out and the vicious cycle starts.  Every once in a while, I'll go up there and spend a few hours getting things back into place, but purging things doesn't really happen.

 I have art supplies that I have purchased and never used. I have items that my generous art buddies have given me over the years.  I even have somethings that I used to use with my children when they were little (they are now 23 and 24 years old).

Today I just worked on cleaning out a few drawers.  I discovered that I had 13 shaped scissors.  No wonder my top drawer would not open!  I had several knitting needles of various sizes.  Since I only know how to make scarves, I decided that I could stand to get rid of a few.  I had a crochet hook and I don't even know how to crochet.  I lost count of the punches that I had, but I know that I have not used these smaller ones in years.  I will never miss this bright assortment of materials.  

Maybe they will bring a little joy to someone who is just building their art supply.


No comments:

Post a Comment