Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Friday, July 13, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 11-



Today my "27 fling boogie" took place in, what I call, my reading room.    It's really my son's old bedroom, but when your children move out, you can start calling their old spaces things like: guest rooms, studies, craft rooms, reading rooms or offices.  

As soon as our son got his own place, I painted his bedroom, added a daybed  and put a bookshelf in there. It was soon coined my "reading room".  It is a place that is free from technology-no t.v., computer or phone.  I don't even have a clock in there, just a reading lamp or two.  It is a peaceful place to retreat to and read. 

 I have accumulated lots of books on my bookshelf in the past few years.  Many I have read, many I have not.  I decided that my 27 day challenge was a perfect opportunity to thin out my collection.  I don't feel too bad getting rid of books that I haven't gotten around to reading, as most of the books that I purchase either come from a thrift store or a yard sale.  




No comments:

Post a Comment