Friday, July 13, 2012

My Personal Challenge
Day 11-



Today my "27 fling boogie" took place in, what I call, my reading room.    It's really my son's old bedroom, but when your children move out, you can start calling their old spaces things like: guest rooms, studies, craft rooms, reading rooms or offices.  

As soon as our son got his own place, I painted his bedroom, added a daybed  and put a bookshelf in there. It was soon coined my "reading room".  It is a place that is free from technology-no t.v., computer or phone.  I don't even have a clock in there, just a reading lamp or two.  It is a peaceful place to retreat to and read. 

 I have accumulated lots of books on my bookshelf in the past few years.  Many I have read, many I have not.  I decided that my 27 day challenge was a perfect opportunity to thin out my collection.  I don't feel too bad getting rid of books that I haven't gotten around to reading, as most of the books that I purchase either come from a thrift store or a yard sale.  




No comments:

Post a Comment