Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Personal Challenge

I'm hoping to be thinner by my 50th b-day (my house that is!).  Yes, I am putting my house on a full blown diet.  For the next 27 days I am doing the 27 Fling Boogie-actually I am going to be doing a 27FB for each and everyday.  The Fly Lady http://www.flylady.net   coined rounding up and removing 27 things from her home, the "27 Fling Boogie".  By the end of my challenge I will have removed 729 items from my home!  I know that sounds like a lot, but I am determined to whittle the "waste" line of my abode over here. As a wife, mother, crafter, volunteer, seamstress, gardener, reader, journaler, cook, pet owner, dreamer and avid yard fanatic, I have accumulated so much more than I truly need.  It's time to pass lots of things on to others. It will be a win-win situation. If you see something that you want or need  in one of my posts, please let me know quickly as I will be moving the "flung" items out of my house in a speedy manner.  This will avoid any temptation to cling to what I fling. If you see an item that you have given to me in any of the pictures, please do not be offended; it's time for me to share the kindness that you showed to me with someone else.   I am going to try and remember to post a picture of the items that I "fling" each day.  Please wish me well...

Day 1-

       Okay, so I counted each floral stem today, but I do have a long way to go.  I have the right to "play it safe" on some days.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment