Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Gift that Keeps on Giving...








      There were a few large pieces of fleece in the mountain of fabric that I received from my Baptist Women’s Auxiliary friend this week . From them I was able to make 19 colorful scarves which I am going to give to the homeless when I go work at the Community Art Room tomorrow.  I am so excited!  I made a dozen or so back in December and was saddened by the fact that I did not have enough to distribute to all that were waiting in line at the Food Pantry.  It has been cold here in Memphis lately and we are expecting some severe weather tonight so hopefully these warm ribbons of cloth will provide some much needed protection, as well as a genuine feeling of love to those who reside in the area.  










No comments:

Post a Comment