Friday, February 3, 2012



                Some days when I am at home I like to fix a great big salad for lunch.  Somehow it seems to make me feel better about the snacking that I do before hand and the chocolate that tends to come after.  It's all about balance, right?  Truly though, I enjoy everything about making a salad.  I love the mix of colors and textures as well as the variety of vitamins that I know that I am getting. I try to make sure that I add in some dark green leafy lettuces, such as spinach, because they are packed full of antioxidants. I usually like to top my salad off with some low-fat cottage cheese and light Italian dressing. Something this pleasing to the eye has to be pleasing to the tummy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delish! (and we can tell you're a southern gal by your pickled(?) okra on the plate :-)

    ReplyDelete