Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Thursday, March 26, 2020



Today is Thursday March 26, 2020 and I have been in self-quaratine against the Corona-Virus for about 2 weeks now.  Gratefully, no one in my family has gotten sick. I am staying in as precaution because of autoimmune disorders that I have.  

As the youngest child in my family, with the closest sibling being 9 years older, I have always known how to entertain myself very well.  I’m not a fan of TV, so I have resorted to other hobbies to keep my mind and my hands active while I spend this time at home.  I have been doing volunteer sewing at one of our local hospitals for about 10 years and now with our global pandemic, I have decided to “step up my game”. 

The ladies in the auxiliary group that I am involved with for the hospital make a number of items for patients.  I personally make walker pockets, caps for chemotherapy, pillows for abdominal surgery, surgery caps for children and pillows for breast surgery. Occassionaly I try my hand at toys for the children.  We have situations where toys are given to children to calm their fears before surgery and they are given as well to children who made have been in a car accident and may be injured.  Sadly, we have had situations where a sibling or parent was killed in that car accident and these toys that we made become much more to them than just a soft cuddly item.  

While we will probably never meet any of these patients, the work that we do is very rewarding.


With Easter on its way, I decided to make some bunnies for our young patients. Each toy that we make has to be free of buttons or any other itmes that could be potental choking hazards. I found these sweet little bunnies on Pinterest.  Well, they are my interpretation of a few samples that I saw.  Because I am not usng pattern, each little bunny will be different, sporting its own cheery character.

I’m just curious how other folks are staying busy using their creativity. 

Show me what you are doing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment