Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Studio Time

      It's Friday and I am off work.  Nothing too unusual. It's overcast and I feel like doing some art, but I know I must attend to those "necessaries"  first.  I am going to get my oil changed and pay bills then I am not going to let anything keep me from playing this afternoon.  My torn meniscus and general body pain is making me think that I could use some "art therapy".  So, after my work is done, I am heading up to my studio and tuning out the world.


Well, I get upstairs around 2:30 and realize that my studio is such a mess that I couldn't work on a project if I wanted to.  I am blessed to have two work stations so when one gets too cluttered, I just move to the next one. Both were filled with materials from various projects that are in progress. I  had to do some tidying up before attempting anything.




















Here's a little problem that I have...  I have not officially been diagnosed with it, but I'm sure I must have ADD.  While I am supposed to be cleaning up my studio, I pick up and begin reading the instructions for my iron that I bought probably a year  ago.  What in the world?  I have managed to use the thing with no problem for the last 12 months.  Why would I feel that their information was so important today when I am trying so hard to squeeze in some "art time"?  Grrr.  I get so frustrated with myself at times!  I ended up throwing away the  information. On to my straightening...





Ah, that is much better!  






Now I can get on to what I came up here for in the first place.
Last month in my Altered Book Consortium (ABC group), one of our members, Diana, taught the technique for the night.  She demonstrated how to make altered calendar journals. I was unable to attend the class, but was very interested in trying my hand at the project after seeing some of the pages that my fellow ABC  friends had created.  You can see some of Diana's work on her blog chickadeegarden.blogspot.com



I started out by doing backgrounds for each of my pages.  I used glitter crayons, watercolors and acrylics.





I wasn't too worried about what it looked like because most of it is going to be covered up anyway.





Every art room needs a cat-or two



Emery and Henry are my most loyal fans.  They are always thrilled to get to come up into my studio.  Many times I leave them out because there is so much that they can get into, but today I let them in.  Emery was pretty chilled out, but Henry was very attentive to what I was doing.



This is a whole new altered thing for me and I really don't know what I am doing.  







My husband gave me an Ipad a few moths ago and I really was not using it at first, but I found it to be a wonderful tool to have in my art room.   Because of its size, I can consult artist's blogs, surf the net and be working on a project at the same time.  



They say that people with ADD (remember I have never been diagnosed, so don't label me) make the best multi-taskers.



This is the start of my January page
 although I haven't found my letters yet or numbered my days.

This is a work in progress for sure, but I think I am going to enjoy this calendar journaling thing.  If I press on, I might have all 12 months ready for journaling by the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment