Thought for the Day

Thought for the Day-
August 19, 2020
Uncontrollable events in our lives often come without warning. We don’t get a notice in the mail or a reminder on our phone. How we handle such situations depends impart on the magnitude of the uncertainty as well as our faith, character and personality. When the unexpected arrives, we need to remember that nothing takes our God by surprise. Possessing a patient spirit, know that our heavenly Father is victorious at all times, will help us to “let go and let God”.
Have a blessed day!
Cathy

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Christmas Card Keepsake

              Every Christmas we are so blessed to receive Christmas cards with photos of our friends and their children.  For years I kept them in a photo album, placing them in chronological order, so we could see how the children grew over the years.  After doing this for a quarter of a century now, I decided it was time for a new approach.  I sat down this past week and sifted through my Christmas cards from 2010 that had not placed in my old photo album.   I pulled out the cards without photos which I will make into gifts tags.  I did keep a card front with art work from one of my favorite artists (NJ Woods)  to use as the cover for my Christmas book. I ended up with a nice mix of colors and sizes.









           I began punching holes in the cards-3 holes for the larger cards and 2 holes for the smaller cards. 



          The holes were punched on the left-hand side of the card or at the top of the card depending on which I thought would look nicer when placed in my book.






I grabbed some bells and ribbon from my craft stash and 3 hinged rings to connect my pages.




This is where things started to take shape:

      I began laying out my pages, alternating short and tall cards, to give more interest.  If  the card did not state the names of the people in the picture I added it on the back so that years from now, I would know who they were. When I was satisfied with the way things looked, I fed my hinged rings through all the layers and clasped them shut.  My book was intact, but was in need of embellishing.  I tied the ribbon and bells to each of the three rings and topped it off with a large gold glittered star.  I just love how it turned out!

 

I had so much fun that I pressed on and made a book from our 2011 Christmas cards.  




They truly will be a treasured keepsake!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good idea! I always save all of my cards, too, and try to do various things with them (although now we get fewer and fewer each year, as our older relatives pass away, and so few people now actually send cards).

    ReplyDelete